Last week Jay and I had a rare occurrence to go out on the town for a date night! It was wonderful! We frolicked around the city just like we were young again (sigh).
While we were out, we stopped into the Tommy Bahama restaurant for a quick bite. We have been to the restaurant dozens of times. It’s one of our favorites because the menu is so large and there is always something new to try!
This time around, I ordered the French Dip Sandwich and I was left so inspired. It was wonderful! So I wanted recreate it at home! Here’s what you will need:
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- Vegetable oil
- 1 can Beef Consume Soup
- 2 Cans French Onion Soup ( I opted for Campbell’s on both soups!)
- Choice of bread for sandwiches (We did Pepperidge Farm Hoagie Rolls)
- Provolone cheese, sliced
- Your trusty crock pot!
- Start by browning the roast in a tablespoon or so of oil on the stove top
- While it is browning, add both types of soup so your crockpot
- Once your roast is browned, move it to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Once cooked, remove and shred meat using two forks or an electric knife. (My husband and I both agreed that we prefer our mead a little more sliced than shredded; you lose less of it when dipping!)
- Add shredded/sliced meat to sandwich bread and top with a slice of provolone
- You can melt the cheese in the oven under broil. I like to stand directly next to the oven while doing this final step, no one likes a burnt bun!
- Serve with a small bowl of sauce from the crockpot for dipping
Life Beyond Laundry is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This program does not effect the price a customer pays for products. To read more on affiliate links, please view our privacy and disclosure page.