When I was pregnant with my daughter I frequented IHOP a few more times than I would be willing to admit. It was the pancakes that leered me in each and every time. I’ve tried for at least 2 solid minutes now to put my finger on what it is exactly that makes them so addicting. The butter flavor, the fact that they almost melt in your mouth? Who knows. Who cares. I just LOVE them. Which is why I about sprinted to my kitchen when I found this copy cat recipe. It’s spot on! You’d think I hired an IHOP chef to come to breakfast- but NOPE! It’s just me! You and your family will love them! Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour- sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (you can use regular milk if you want regular pancakes., but you need buttermilk if you want the real deal)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs and buttermilk together. Add into flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the butter and the sugar.
- Grease griddle and bring to a medium heat
- Scoop out about 1/4 a cup mixture for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on the edges and flip to cook other side.
Add some butter and pure maple syrup and enjoy your time in breakfast heaven! Happy Cooking!
Life Beyond Laundry is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This program does not effect the price a customer pays for products. To read more on affiliate links, please view our privacy and disclosure page.